Tax Appeals

When a taxpayer has a grievance with the decision of the Assessor, the taxpayer can appeal to the Board of Civil Authority. The Board acts as a quasi-judicial board hearing evidence from all parties involved, and renders a decision. Guidelines for appeals to the Board of Civil Authority, and the appropriate forms to be used can be found in the Property Valuation and Review’s “A Handbook on Property Tax Assessment Appeals”.