Planning & Zoning

The Planning and Zoning Department is responsible for zoning-related tasks, which includes permits, Development Review Board applications, zoning violations, as well as coordinating short-, mid-, and long-term planning related projects with the Planning Commission.

The Planning & Zoning Administrator is the primary staff liason for the Planning Commission and Development Review Boards. 

NOTICE: In accordance with Vermont Act 89, as of July 1, 2013, all new residential construction requires that a Vermont RBES Certificate be completed and recorded with the Town Clerk. No Certificate of Occupancy will be issued without proof of recording. Find information on the Vermont Energy Standards here.  The Vermont Residential Building Energy Code Handbook explains various methods of compliance.